Flash! Endgadget has video, more info, and press release on new Kindles
Okay, now I know Endgadget’s ahead of me in line for info.
Actually, Amazon never contacts me directly with this sort of thing…but enough about me.
The main interface change that I see is the 5-way being changed to a rocker. It looks sleeker that way, and hopefully, as responsive.
The buttons are considerably smaller…I hope they aren’t harder for those with disabilities, but again, sleeker.
They also have what they say is the press release, and I expect it will be up shortly.
It’s going to be faster, lighter, smaller…and have 4gb of storage! It’s the Bionic Kindle! Not six million dollars, though…the same price ($189) for 3G and wi-fi, and wi-fi only for $139.
It’s got all kinds of fancy geeky stuff:
- the sharper Graphite DX type screen
- faster page turns
- some proprietary thing that will make fonts sharper
- quieter page turns (some people have really wanted that)
- interactive PDFs! Dictionary, notes, highlights…and compatability with password protected pdfs!
- new webkit based browser…faster, easier
- text-to-speech menus! That’s been a sticking point for those with print disabilities, and kept the device out of some colleges! Cool!
- A lighted case!
I’ll post as soon as I can after the links become live!
Really great stuff!
Hey, Amazon…want to loan me one for review?
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the I Love My Kindle blog.