Flash! Link for the $89 Kindle 2 on Friday
Okay, this is a little tricky to predict, but I think it will work.
Amazon is going to sell a “limited” supply of Kindle 2s on Black Friday (this Friday, November 26) starting at 9:00 AM PST (Pacific Standard Time) for $89.
This is, in my opinion, a really good deal. Yes, there were improvements in the Kindle 3: notably, wifi. That’s made a big difference for me. The text is also sharper and the web browser is better. But I liked my K2, and at $89, that’s an excellent bargain. Compare that to the Kindle 3 wifi at $139, or the Kindle 3 with wifi and 3G for $189.
My guess is that they will sell out of these quickly…minutes wouldn’t surprise me.
If you want to get in on this, be ready. Make sure your 1-click is ready to go…if you are using a gift card/certificate balance, make sure it’s ready for this charge. I believe you’ll be able to click on this link:
That’s the general link for Amazon’s Black Friday deals.
Start clicking for 9:00 AM Pacific Standard Time.
Generally, I believe you are looking at these times:
- Hawaiian Standard Time: 7:00 AM
- Alaskan Standard Time: 8:00 AM
- Pacific Standard Time: 9:00 AM
- Mountain Standard Time: 10:00 AM
- Central Standard Time: 11:00 AM
- Eastern Standard Time: 12:00 PM
If you get one, you can let me know by leaving a comment on this post. :)
Also, I’d appreciate it if you are the first to let me know they are sold out.
I don’t know at this point what kind of limitations there are. I assume they may only ship this to US addresses, but I don’t know that. I’m also thinking they will have a quantity limit but again, I don’t know.
This may have been sort of a response to Best Buy having wifi NOOKs for $99 as a doorbuster on Black Friday in the stores. It wouldn’t be the first time Amazon priced a Kindle at $10 less than a NOOK, and apparently in response.
A couple of quick comments:
1. Kindle 2s and Kindle 3s that are on the same account can share the same book
2. The biggest argument for getting a K3 rather than a K2, in my opinion, is the wifi. If that’s not an issue for you, there is less of a plus for the K3. It’s also smaller and has some other advantages.
3. There is no limit to the number of devices you can have registered to your account
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the I Love My Kindle blog.