Today’s KDD: over 400 books for students!
I don’t report every Kindle Daily Deal, but lately, it seems to me like Amazon has really ramped up the value.
I don’t know if there is something specific driving that strategy, but hey, I’m not going to argue with it.
Today’s deal is nearly 450 books for students! Now, they aren’t all $1.99…some of these are textbooks, and a couple of them are over $100. However, they are all deeply discounted.
They seem to be defining a “student” somewhat broadly, which is fine with me. I consider myself a lifelong student (although that doesn’t qualify for me for a discount at the movie theatre). I always say, “The more you know, the more you know there is to know.”
Some of the books would be more appropriate for educators than for their students…and some would just be fun for anybody interested in information.
Here are just a few that caught my eye:
- The Vow: The True Events that Inspired the Movie $1.99
- Click Millionaires: Work Less, Live More with an Internet Business You Love $1.99
- What the Best College Students Do $4.49
- Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Thesaurus, Second Edition $2.99
- 98.6 Degrees: The Art of Keeping Your *ss Alive $1.49 (by Cody Lundin, an outdoor survival expert featured on the Discovery Channel)
- Maps of Time: An Introduction to Big History, With a New Preface (California World History Library) $4.99
Again, those are just a few…I don’t know how many people will even get to look at all 448 titles before the deals expire at the end of today.
Here’s the whole list:
If you want to call out any other specific ones you notice, feel free to comment on this post…I’m sure my readers would appreciate it.
Note: prices can vary geographically on these things, so always check the price before you click that buy button. If you do buy one and think you were charged too much, you can always “return” a Kindle store book within seven days for a refund. Go to http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle and click or tap Actions.
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the I Love My Kindle blog.