Round up #201:
The ILMK Round ups are short pieces which may or may not be expanded later.
Special note: I’m away from my normal resources right now, but have been able to jump on a computer for a short time. I hope you are enjoying the posts which I wrote ahead of this period. I may be somewhat less responsive than usual for a few more days, but I’ll do what I can. I’m doing most things with my Kindle Fire and a Bluetooth keyboard, but copying and pasting is more difficult there than on a PC, as is working with multiple tabs in the browser.
24 great deals “for students” in Kindle Daily Deal
This is the main reason I trekked (not that far actually) to a computer this morning.
Today’s Kindle Daily Deal includes one ostensibly for students, but I think just about everyone will find something they like.
As always, check prices before you click or tap that “Buy” button…these deals may not be available in your territory, and it’s possible for books to move in and out of the list.
Some that I noticed:
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
- Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon
- A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn
- Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt
- A Fatal Inversion by Ruth Rendell
- Love Medicine by Louise Erdrich
As you can see, it’s quite a mix. I think they picked books they thought (no doubt through datamining, perhaps through Amazon Student) which books they thought would appeal to college students, not just ones that might be specific to college interests.
Amazon has both opened a Mexican Kindle store and opened up Mexico to Kindle Direct Publishing users.
Mexican customers will also be able to buy Kindles in Gandhi stores (brick-and-mortar).
Mexico has a rich literary history…their copyright term is longer than ours, last time I checked.
This may also mean more Spanish language books in the US Kindle store.
- Why She Chose Us and Not Amazon (an indie bookstore on why a customer spent more to get the books there)
- Kobo Aura (more details, and the ability to pre-order at their site)
- You Can’t Read All Day (a great image from Ebook Friendly)
- Judge Lightens Apple Injunction; Expects to Sign Next Week
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the I Love My Kindle blog.