More on new Kindles: Russian, Asian fonts! 3 English fonts!
Now that the product pages are up, there is more breaking news!
Kindle 6″ wi-fi only $139
The new Kindles will
- Have support for Cyrillic (for Russian), Japanese, Chinese (traditional and simplified), and Korean…horosho! This is really big, and really opens up the market
- Have user selectable three fonts, including one that it Sans Serif (that’s been a request…some people find those easier to read
- Allow searching of samples
Next stop…I’m going through the User’s Guide, as soon as I can.
EDIT: I’ve started to look at the User’s Guide…I’ll add points as I go through it:
- Manual time setting! Woo-hoo! This has been a big problem with people who didn’t have Whispernet access…it could really mess up sorts if your Kindle forgot what time it was
- Two dictionaries! The New Oxford American Dictionary and the Oxford Dictionary of English
- There will be a dedicated British version of the Kindle…don’t know yet if it uses the British English voices from RealSpeak. It will be available from Amazon.co.uk
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the I Love My Kindle blog.