USA Kindle store breaks 3 million title mark
When the USA Kindle store first opened (about seven years ago), there were fewer than 100,000 titles.
Now, there are over three million!
That’s more than thirty times bigger.
Here are the numbers for the top level categories:
- Arts & Photography (170,528)
- Biographies & Memoirs (134,647)
- Business & Money (189,105)
- Children’s eBooks (193,303)
- Comics & Graphic Novels (37,296)
- Computers & Technology (53,319)
- Cookbooks, Food & Wine (49,327)
- Crafts, Hobbies & Home (59,916)
- Education & Teaching (114,173)
- Gay & Lesbian (31,525)Health, Fitness & Dieting (190,404)
- History (190,074)
- Humor & Entertainment (84,068)
- Literature & Fiction (952,367)
- Mystery, Thriller & Suspense (162,304)
- Nonfiction (1,508,916)
- Parenting & Relationships (56,560)
- Politics & Social Sciences (200,049)Professional & Technical (236,345)
- Reference (97,753)
- Religion Spirituality (321,115)
- Romance (221,321)
- Science & Math (177,235)
- Science Fiction & Fantasy (183,767)
- Self-Help (80,579)Sports & Outdoors (57,480)
- Teen & Young Adult (91,582)
- Travel (46,660)
- Foreign Languages (477,461)
You may have noticed that those numbers would add up more than three million. That is because the the same book can appear in (and be counted in) multiple categories.
Here are a few other stats:
- There are 780,577 Kindle Unlimited titles (at time of writing): approximately 26%
- Whispersync for Voice: 55,582 (19%)
- Word Wise Enabled: 3,598 (less than 1%)…this is a new feature on some devices which will define some “hard” words for you automatically
The rating break down:
Avg. Customer Review
4 Stars & Up (987,743)
3 Stars & Up(1,128,127)
2 Stars & Up (1,164,194)
1 Star & Up (1,197,277)
Join hundreds of readers and try the free ILMK magazine at Flipboard!
* I am linking to the same thing at the regular Amazon site, and at AmazonSmile. When you shop at AmazonSmile, half a percent of your purchase price on eligible items goes to a non-profit you choose. It will feel just like shopping at Amazon: you’ll be using your same account. The one thing for you that is different is that you pick a non-profit the first time you go (which you can change whenever you want)…and the good feeling you’ll get. Shop ’til you help!
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the I Love My Kindle blog. To support this or other blogs/organizations, buy Amazon Gift Cards from a link on the site, then use those to buy your items. There will be no cost to you, and a benefit to them