Fire OS 4.5.1 update available
More later, but my
just updated to 4.5.1.
They list the following key features:
- Family Library: this is the new feature that lets you share certain content with some people, even when they aren’t on the same account
- Lock Screen Media Controls: you can play music and audiobooks directly from the lock screen
- If you have a rear-facing camera, you can launch the camera app from the lock screen
- Prime Music Stations: Prime members now have ad-free stations of music
- Emoji: little pictures for your e-mail (and other places)
- Camera for Kids: interesting! Gimmicky camera features for children using Amazon FreeTime (that’s a new branding, I think) and they can’t post to social media
You can update your device manually from
or you can wait and it should happen automatically eventually.
The last major update was recent…I wrote about it on November 7th, so this is the second one in a month!
Join hundreds of readers and try the free ILMK magazine at Flipboard!
* I am linking to the same thing at the regular Amazon site, and at AmazonSmile. When you shop at AmazonSmile, half a percent of your purchase price on eligible items goes to a non-profit you choose. It will feel just like shopping at Amazon: you’ll be using your same account. The one thing for you that is different is that you pick a non-profit the first time you go (which you can change whenever you want)…and the good feeling you’ll get. Shop ’til you help!
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the I Love My Kindle blog. To support this or other blogs/organizations, buy Amazon Gift Cards from a link on the site, then use those to buy your items. There will be no cost to you, and a benefit to them