Cyber Monday: 2000 books, Fire TV sale
It’s Cyber Monday, and although all of the “sale days” have gotten a bit fuzzy and extended (not unlike certain novels I could name)😉, it’s still a big day. It may be the biggest online shopping day of the year.
Amazon is stepping up to the screen with 2,034 (!) Kindle Daily Deals on e-books:
This is a great opportunity to buy gifts for others at a big savings, or for yourself. Remember that you can delay the delivery of an e-book gift for the appropriate date.
Here are just a few of the more than 2,000 that caught my eye:
- Upstairs at the White House: My Life with the First Ladies by J. B. West and Mary Lynn Kotz
- The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
- We Were Soldiers Once . . . and Young: Ia Drang-The Battle
- That Changed the War in Vietnam by Harold G. Moore and Joseph L. Galloway
- Boy’s Life by Robert R. McCammon
- Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown
- Exodus by Leon Uris
- West with the Night by Beryl Markham
- The Fifties by David Halberstram
- All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot
- Mr. Popper’s Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater
- Lost Horizon by James Hilton
- This Perfect Day by Ira Levin (really ripe for a movie adaptation)
- Chaos: Making a New Science by James Gleick
I could go on and on and on…🙂
You know what else I noticed about these?
Many of them are part of Kindle Unlimited…I think every one of the ones I listed above.
Think about how many of these you might get as a gift for somebody…then consider getting a
which gives reading access (although not ownership) to all of these and over 700,000 titles.
Amazon’s Black Friday sale on devices (Kindle EBRs…E-Book Readers and Fire tablets especially) clearly worked. According to this
“… Fire tablet sales on Amazon.com were up over 3x year over year this Black Friday; Kindle e-reader sales on Black Friday grew nearly 4x year over year.”
Four times? That’s astonishing!
Yes, they had the Mindle Touch (what I call the least expensive model) for under $50, but even so: impressive!
This afternoon, they’ll have the
on sale for $69…30% off.
I use ours every day. We have a TV in the bedroom we don’t even have hooked up to cable: the Fire TV takes care of our needs there. I can watch news (I particularly use Watchup, although I also just got the free BBC News app), TV shows, movies, play games, use apps…it’s a lot. I can also mirror my Kindle Fire HDX to it, which gives it even more power.
Even less expensive (and a bit less powerful) is the
which I just got and am still exploring. That one’s normal price is $39, and I’d consider it as a gift. Anybody (with a TV with an HDMI input…not that some college students don’t TVs at all, now, but if they have a monitor or TV with HDMI, this would be a great gift) can use one.🙂
Amazon appears to be nailing it with media devices this holiday season! Now, if they’d only let me buy an Echo…😉
Join over a thousand readers and try the free ILMK magazine at Flipboard!
* I am linking to the same thing at the regular Amazon site, and at AmazonSmile. When you shop at AmazonSmile, half a percent of your purchase price on eligible items goes to a non-profit you choose. It will feel just like shopping at Amazon: you’ll be using your same account. The one thing for you that is different is that you pick a non-profit the first time you go (which you can change whenever you want)…and the good feeling you’ll get. Shop ’til you help! By the way, it’s been interesting lately to see Amazon remind me to “start at AmazonSmile” if I check a link on the original Amazon site. I do buy from AmazonSmile, but I have a lot of stored links I use to check for things.
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the I Love My Kindle blog. To support this or other blogs/organizations, buy Amazon Gift Cards from a link on the site, then use those to buy your items. There will be no cost to you, and a benefit to them.