Today’s KDD: books from best-selling series up to 80% off
One of today’s Kindle Daily Deals (at AmazonSmile: benefit a non-profit of your choice by shopping*) is any of more than fifty (!) books from best-selling series for up to 80% off (each).
As always, remember to check the price before you click or tap that “Buy” button: these are only supposed to be good for today, and the prices may not be valid in your country (Hello, readers around the world!).
They do break it down further on the offer page:
- Mystery & Thriller series
- Literature & Fiction series
- Science Fiction & Fantasy series
- Teen and Children’s series
You would probably guess that these are the first books in the series, to get you interested in buying the others (and quite a few are), but there are also multiple books from the same series in some cases.
For example, you can get all three books in Marie Lu’s Legend series for $2.99 each. That might make a good gift…you can buy e-books now and then delay them for delivery until an appropriate gift-giving occasion.
I think a great thing to do is to give a kid a series of books when summer arrives, for example. It’s a way to make an iffy reader a more committed reader, because they get to read at their own pace and with no obligations to someone else. I’ve talked before about remembering your “summer of whatever series”. 🙂
What happens if they don’t like the first one?
Well, in this case, you might have wasted about six dollars for the next two…but the reviews are quite good on these. The first one if 4.5 stars out of 5 with 1,720 customer reviews at the time of writing. Significantly, the next two are higher ranked…4.6 for #2 and 4.7 for #3. That doesn’t always happen for series. 🙂
Not looking for a kid?
How’s this for a gift for an adult reader?
For $29.99, you could buy all ten of Louise Penny’s Chief Inspector Gamache mysteries!
Buy #10 in hardback right now, and it’s $13.99 at Amazon…the e-books are a big savings, and a more convenient way to take ten of them “up to the cabin” with you.
Want something with a pop culture tie-in?
How about the Nikki Heat series, written by “Richard Castle”…the author portrayed by Nathan Fillion in the ABC TV series Castle?
That literature (and I’m not sure why they added “and fiction” to it) category?
Six books in the Saxon Tales by Bernard Cornwell.
Here are the series represented in this sale:
- Chief Inspector Gamache by Louise Penny (Mysteries & Thrillers)
- Jonathan Grave by John Gilstrap (Mysteries & Thrillers)
- Nikki Heat by Richard Castle (Mysteries & Thrillers)
- Sean O’Brien by Tom Lowe (Mysteries & Thrillers)
- Bess Crawford by Charles Todd (Mysteries & Thrillers)
- Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear (Mysteries & Thrillers)
- Saxon Tales by Bernard Cornwell (Literature & Fiction)
- Star Force by B.V. Larson (Science Fiction & Fantasy)
- Safehold by David Weber (Science Fiction & Fantasy)
- The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett (Science Fiction & Fantasy)
- Mither Mages by Orson Scott Card (Science Fiction & Fantasy)
- Legend by Marie Lu (Teen & Children’s)
- The Testing Trilogy by Joelle Charbonneau (Teen & Children’s)
- His Fair Assassin by Robin LaFevers (Teen & Children’s)
- The Grisha by Leigh Bardugo (Teen & Children’s)
- Vehicles at Night (I don’t know that the series actually has a name, but that’s what the books are about…illustrated kids’ books about biomorphic trucks and trains at bedtime) by Sherri Duskey Rinker and Tom Lichtenheld (Teen & Children’s)
Join thousands of readers and try the free ILMK magazine at Flipboard!
* I am linking to the same thing at the regular Amazon site, and at AmazonSmile. When you shop at AmazonSmile, half a percent of your purchase price on eligible items goes to a non-profit you choose. It will feel just like shopping at Amazon: you’ll be using your same account. The one thing for you that is different is that you pick a non-profit the first time you go (which you can change whenever you want)…and the good feeling you’ll get. Shop ’til you help!
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the I Love My Kindle blog. To support this or other blogs/organizations, buy Amazon Gift Cards from a link on the site, then use those to buy your items. There will be no cost to you, and a benefit to them.