Today’s KDD: up to 80% off books by guests of The Daily Show
Hopefully, you’ll see this soon enough to take advantage of one of today’s
This is a clever one.
Jon Stewart has left The Daily Show.
A lot will be said about Stewart’s tenure, but the comedian/host was undeniably important to authors and publishers.
I’ve read repeatedly that Stewart actually read all the books that appeared on the show. In Entertainment Weekly, there was a telling recollection from Rob Corddry: “I caught him reading a book once, and and he was literally turning a page every five to 10 seconds. He was almost embarrassed to be caught.”
I think a lot of us have had that experience…feeling sort of ashamed to be caught reading. That’s a bad thing, and maybe that only happens in school. Hopefully, not as much as it used to happen. E-books can help with that: you can be a stealth reader. You know, they might think you are doing something cool, like playing Candy Crush.😉
Amazon is commemorating Jon Stewart’s stay by giving up to 80% off on 52 books by guests of the show.
Please check the price before you click or tap that Buy button! I’m getting this out relatively late in the day, and it may not apply in your country (I have readers all over the world). Of course, even if you don’t see them in time for the discount, there are many books here which would be good to read regardless.😉
Remember that you can buy these as a gift now, and delay the delivery until the appropriate gift giving occasion.
- Packing for Mars by Mary Roach
- The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowley
- Ashley’s War by Gayle Tzemach Lemmon
- I Must Say by Martin Short
- In Defense of a Liberal Education by Fareed Zakaria
- Lost in Shangri-La by Michael Zuckoff
- Enrique’s Journey by Sonia Nazario
- The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba
- Space Chronicles and The Pluto Files by Neil deGrasse Tyson
- March Books 1 & 2 by John Lewis
- Pay Any Price by James Risen
- This Town by Mark Leibovich
- The Divide by Matt Taibbi
- Havana Nocturne by T.J English
- Rosewater by Maziar Bahari
- Missing Microbes by Martin J. Blaser, MD
- Wiser by Cass R. Sunstein
- A Curious Man by Neal Thompson
- Prague Winter by Madeleine Albright
- Gods, Guns, Grits, and Gravy by Mike Huckabee
- The Closer by Mariano Rivera
- The Assassins’ Gate by George Packer
- Reign of Error by Diane Ravitch
- On Bullsh*t by Harry G. Frankfurt
- The Great Deformation by David A. Stockman
- League of Denial by Mark Fainaru-Wada
- Thomas Jefferson by Christopher Hitchens
- The Favored Daughter by Fawzia Koofi
- Bailout by Neil Barofsky
- The Future of Freedom by Fareed Zakaria
- Courting Diaster by Marc A. Thiessen
- A Fighter’s Heart by Sam Sheridan
- Before the First Shots Are Fired by Tony Zinni
- City of Lies by Ramita Navai
- Magnificent Delusions by Husain Haqqani
- The Obamas by Jodi Kantor
- The Rule of Nobody by Philip K. Howard
- The Ultimate Obama Survival Guide by Wayne Allyn Root
- Finding the Dragon Lady by Monique Brinson Demery
- David Crockett: Lion of the West by Michael Wallis
- Why Governments Fail So Often by Peter H. Schuck
- The Book of Mormon Girl by Joanna Brooks
- Arrogance by Bernard Goldberg
- A Slave in the White House by Elizabeth Dowling Taylor
- Falling in Love with America Again by Jim DeMint
- The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming by Christopher C. Horner
- American Turnaround by Edward Whitacre
- We’re with Nobody by Alan Huffman
- One Nation Under Therapy by Christina Hoff Sommers
- The Party of Death by Ramesh Ponnuru
Join thousands of readers and try the free ILMK magazine at Flipboard!
When you shop at AmazonSmile, half a percent of your purchase price on eligible items goes to a non-profit you choose. It will feel just like shopping at Amazon: you’ll be using your same account. The one thing for you that is different is that you pick a non-profit the first time you go (which you can change whenever you want)…and the good feeling you’ll get. Shop ’til you help!
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the I Love My Kindle blog. To support this or other blogs/organizations, buy Amazon Gift Cards from a link on the site, then use those to buy your items. There will be no cost to you, and a benefit to them.