Software update for Voyage, Paperwhites, and Mindle Touch brings new features
All of the current Kindle EBRs (E-Book Readers) are getting an update!
You can update your device manually from
or you can wait and it should happen automatically eventually.
This update (for all of these models) brings them to 5.6.5.
The new features include:
- Enhanced “SmartCards” when you do look-ups (by “long pressing”)
- The Bookerly font
- Better lay-out (including improvements to “…hyphenation, justification, ligatures, and kerning, as well as pop-up footnotes, endnotes and chapter notes.”). These aren’t available for every book yet, but for many of them, including in multiple languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and Dutch
- You’ll now be able to get to author pages and personal recommendations from Goodreads
This is yet another example of Amazon giving us something more after we’ve already spent the money.
The affected models include:
- Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite 3, and Mindle Touch (all 7th generation models)
- Kindle Paperwhite 2 (6th generation)
The Kindle Paperwhite 1 and early generations of other models don’t get this one…at least at this point.
Join thousands of readers and try the free ILMK magazine at Flipboard!
* I am linking to the same thing at the regular Amazon site, and at AmazonSmile. When you shop at AmazonSmile, half a percent of your purchase price on eligible items goes to a non-profit you choose. It will feel just like shopping at Amazon: you’ll be using your same account. The one thing for you that is different is that you pick a non-profit the first time you go (which you can change whenever you want)…and the good feeling you’ll get. Shop ’til you help!
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the I Love My Kindle blog. To support this or other blogs/organizations, buy Amazon Gift Cards from a link on the site, then use those to buy your items. There will be no cost to you, and a benefit to them