Todays’ KDD: 40 award-winning books for $3.99 or less each
is any of 40 (!) award-winning books for $3.99 or less each.
There are some titles here from well-known authors. Not every award is given to someone who is a brand name, or even broadly respected. In some cases, that seems intentional: some awards are intended to bring to recognition worthy books which would otherwise be missed.
These prices are for the USA, and may not apply in your country. As always, check the price before you click or tap that “Buy” button.
Remember that you can buy the books during the sale as a gift, and delay the delivery until the appropriate gift-giving occasion. While gifts can be a wonderful “main” gift, they also make great small gifts.
Titles in today’s sale include:
- Still Life: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (A Chief Inspector Gamache Mystery Book 1) by Louise Penny
- A Fire Upon The Deep (Zones of Thought series Book 1) by Vernor Vinge
- The Cider House Rules by John Irving
- Bloodchild: And Other Stories by Octavia E. Butler also available in Kindle Unlimited (at AmazonSmile: benefit a non-profit of your choice by shopping*)
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth E. Wein
- 2312 by Kim Stanley Robinson
- To Rise Again at a Decent Hour by Joshua Ferris
- The Last Policeman: A Novel (Last Policeman Trilogy Book 1) by Ben H. Winters (and other books in the series)
- Seventh Son: The Tales of Alvin Maker, Volume I by Orson Scott Card
- The Collected Stories of Eudora Welty by Eudora Welty
- Summer of ’49 by David Halberstam KU
- Arctic Dreams by Barry Lopez KU
- Fireball: Carole Lombard and the Mystery of Flight 3 by Robert Matzen KU
- Robert Kennedy and His Times by Arthur M. Schlesinger
- Bearing the Cross: Martin Luther King, Jr., and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference by David J. Garrow
That’s just a few.
Update: I realized I could filter for KU books in the sale, and well, it’s a good way to alert you to award-winning KU books. 🙂 These are the five (out of 40…12.5%):
- Bloodchild: And Other Stories by Octavia E. Butler
- Parable of the Talents by Octavia E. Butler
- Summer of ’49 by David Halberstam
- Arctic Dreams by Barry Lopez
- Fireball: Carole Lombard and the Mystery of Flight 3 by Robert Matzen
If there are others in the sale you want to point out to me and my readers, feel free to comment on this post.
Update: here’s another sale, good through October 15th:
I’ll tell you how many of the are available for KU…all of them. 😉 81 of them are four stars and up. The most reviewed book in the sale is
Wild Montana Sky (The Montana Sky Series Book 1) by Debra Holland | 4.3 stars
Join thousands of readers and try the free ILMK magazine at Flipboard!
* I am linking to the same thing at the regular Amazon site, and at AmazonSmile. When you shop at AmazonSmile, half a percent of your purchase price on eligible items goes to a non-profit you choose. It will feel just like shopping at Amazon: you’ll be using your same account. The one thing for you that is different is that you pick a non-profit the first time you go (which you can change whenever you want)…and the good feeling you’ll get. Shop ’til you help! By the way, it’s been interesting lately to see Amazon remind me to “start at AmazonSmile” if I check a link on the original Amazon site. I do buy from AmazonSmile, but I have a lot of stored links I use to check for things.
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the I Love My Kindle blog. To support this or other blogs/organizations, buy Amazon Gift Cards from a link on the site, then use those to buy your items. There will be no cost to you, and a benefit to them.