Deja vu saves money for you! 3 day sale on non-Voyage Kindle EBRs (ends Wednesday)
Think back…way back…to the day before Halloween!😉 I ran this post:
about a 3-day sale that was $20 off on Kindle EBRs (E-Book Readers…not Fire tablets). Well, they are doing the same sale again, less than two weeks later!
That’s right: you can save $20 ahead of the holidays (although not that much ahead).
This sale ends on Wednesday (November 10th), and you don’t need to be a Prime member for this one.
Here’s what I said last time:
Amazon’s three day sale (probably just in the USA) is on these models:
Kindle, 6″ Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi – Includes Special Offers (at AmazonSmile: benefit a non-profit of your choice by shopping*) $59.99 (down from $79.99) | 4.2 stars out of 5 | 12,244 customer reviews
The $20 off also means you could get it without the Special Offers ($79.99, down from $99.99) for the same price you would normally pay for an ad-supported model.
This is the entry level model, and it’s a good one. Here are some of the differences between this and the Paperwhite (which I’ll link below):
- No frontlighting, so you read it like you would a p-book
- Fewer pixels per inch (167 versus 300), so the image isn’t as sharp (but I would say sharp enough for most casual reading…you might notice it with images, like graphs)
- Available only in wi-fi…no wi-fi and 3G option (for more money)
- A bit less heavy, a bit thicker
Kindle for Kids Bundle with the latest Kindle, 2-Year Accident Protection, Kid-Friendly Blue Cover (at AmazonSmile*) $79.99 (down from $99.99) | 4.0 stars | 61 reviews
This is like the above, but includes a ruggedized cover and an extended warranty…since each of those costs $20, this is a big savings, even without the discount.
Certainly something to consider for a gift.
All-New Kindle Paperwhite, 6″ High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi – Includes Special Offers (at AmazonSmile*) $99.99 (down from $119.99) | 4.5 stars | 7,313 reviews
The Paperwhite (this is the latest generation) is a great model Kindle! I’d say it may be my favorite (price and everything taken into account), with the Kindle 3 (Kindle Keyboard) being second…well, wait, lack of TTS makes that a tighter battle. For sight-reading, it’s my favorite. 🙂
Why would you literally pay $100 more (right now) for a top of the line
You do get a few more things:
- Adaptive light sensor
- Page press buttons (in addition to touchscreen…these all have touchscreen)
- Quite a bit less heavy and a tad smaller
Will there be more sales before the holidays?
Sure, that’s likely, although we are getting closer. In fact, I’d be surprised if there weren’t more sales. I would also think there may be shortages, though…this is a sure thing right now.
I’m not sure I’ve said it here in a post (as opposed to a comment), but I do read on a Voyage now. I don’t find it that different from my PW3, but I pretty much just use it to read one particular book before going to sleep.🙂
Enjoy (whether for yourself or for a gift)!
Join thousands of readers and try the free ILMK magazine at Flipboard!
* I am linking to the same thing at the regular Amazon site, and at AmazonSmile. When you shop at AmazonSmile, half a percent of your purchase price on eligible items goes to a non-profit you choose. It will feel just like shopping at Amazon: you’ll be using your same account. The one thing for you that is different is that you pick a non-profit the first time you go (which you can change whenever you want)…and the good feeling you’ll get. Shop ’til you help! By the way, it’s been interesting lately to see Amazon remind me to “start at AmazonSmile” if I check a link on the original Amazon site. I do buy from AmazonSmile, but I have a lot of stored links I use to check for things.
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the I Love My Kindle blog. To support this or other blogs/organizations, buy Amazon Gift Cards from a link on the site, then use those to buy your items. There will be no cost to you, and a benefit to them.