Heads up! Limited Time Offer on Fire tablets through 8 PM Pacific: Angry Birds Star Wars AT-AT Playset
There is a limited offer available right now (for owners of Fire tablets with Special Offers) for a physical playset (not an app) of Angry Birds Star Wars AT-AT Attack Battle Game. I called it a “playset” in the headline because it fit better. 🙂 It’s $16.99…60% off the list price, although Amazon usually sells it for $22.27, which is 47% off. It’s 4.1 star out of 5, with 155 customer reviews.
These are special limited time offers, which are only available to Fire tablet owners.
What happens is you can get a text to alert you to an upcoming deal (details in the links below). You don’t get much warning…maybe an hour.
The deal also appears on the sleep screen of your Fire, and you can find it under Offers on the homescreen (all the way at the end). That will disappear when the sale is over.
Then, you say you want to “learn more”. You’ll get to a screen with a countdown clock. As soon as the clock gets to zero, you need to click to have a chance to get it.
They have typically been selling out in seconds, although this one looks like it will last the hour.
Here is information on the program:
- Limited Time Special Offers only on Kindle Fire
- Limited Time Special Offers only on Kindle Fire at AmazonSmile…benefit a non-profit of your choice by shopping*
As I’ve written before, I look at these LTOs (Limited Time Offers) sort of like buying a lottery ticket: I don’t expect to get one (win), but its exciting if I do! Of course, the “ticket” doesn’t cost me anything.
Did you get one? Do you have any other comment on this? Feel free to let me and my readers know by commenting on this post.
One more thing: I’ve had a couple of readers say on past offers that they never even saw the offer. As far as I know, these go out to every eligible Fire tablet in the USA. A few possibilities occur to me:
- They either bought a Fire tablet without Special Offers, or bought out of the offers later. You have to be subscribed to those in order to get these deals
- They weren’t connected to wireless in time for it to update
- They didn’t check the Offers tab (I don’t always see it on the sleep screen)
It might not have been any of those, but those three would have done it.
Join thousands of readers and try the free ILMK magazine at Flipboard!
* I am linking to the same thing at the regular Amazon site, and at AmazonSmile. When you shop at AmazonSmile, half a percent of your purchase price on eligible items goes to a non-profit you choose. It will feel just like shopping at Amazon: you’ll be using your same account. The one thing for you that is different is that you pick a non-profit the first time you go (which you can change whenever you want)…and the good feeling you’ll get. Shop ’til you help!
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the I Love My Kindle blog. To support this or other blogs/organizations, buy Amazon Gift Cards from a link on the site, then use those to buy your items. There will be no cost to you, and a benefit to them.