Today’s KDD: “$2.99 each: Dark reads for stormy nights”
says it is “dark reads for stormy nights”. I am not sure if they are alluding to Edward Bulwer-Lytton’s famous line, “It was a dark and stormy night”, also used by Snoopy, and which are the introductory words on the website for the bad fiction contest, the The Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest…but these are good words!😉
I’m also not quite sure what defines them as “dark”; they seem pretty diverse to me. I wouldn’t say I’m a particular fan of “dark” writing, although I certainly don’t need everything to be Pollyanna (at AmazonSmile*). I like Michael Moorcock’s Elric series, and Charles G. Finney’s The Circus of Dr. Lao, both of which are arguably dark.
These prices may not apply in your country, and as always, check the price before you click or tap that “Buy button”.
Remember that you can buy a Kindle book as a gift and delay the delivery for the appropriate gift-giving occasion (although that may be region-restricted). Not too soon to be thinking about the holidays, and I love giving e-books as small gifts.
Today’s sale includes:
- Still Life: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel by Louise Penny
- The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain
- Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
- Once Second After (A John Matherson Novel) by William R. Fortschen
- Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
- The Two-Family House by Lunda Cohen Loigman
- How Not to Die by Michael Gregor, MD
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
- One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd by Jim Fergus
- The Children by Ann Leary
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Where We Belong by Emily Griffin
- This Is Not My Beautiful Life by Victoria Fedden
- Lust & Wonder by Augusten Burroughs
- The Andy Cohen Diaries: A Deep Look at a Shallow Year by Andy Cohen
- The Things We Keep by Sally Hepworth
These are generally highly rated, and some have a lot of reviews. One Second After has 6,362 customer reviews (which is very high) with an average of 4.4 stars out of 5.
By the way, we aren’t looking at stormy nights where I live, across the Bay and then some from San Francisco. It’s been pretty hot here…it’s projected to get to 33c today (about 91.5f). It can and does get hotter than that here…but we are almost to October.🙂
Join thousands of readers and try the free ILMK magazine at Flipboard!
All aboard our new The Measured Circle’s Geek Time Trip at The History Project! Do you have what it takes to be a Timeblazer?
* I am linking to the same thing at the regular Amazon site, and at AmazonSmile. When you shop at AmazonSmile, half a percent of your purchase price on eligible items goes to a non-profit you choose. It will feel just like shopping at Amazon: you’ll be using your same account. The one thing for you that is different is that you pick a non-profit the first time you go (which you can change whenever you want)…and the good feeling you’ll get. Shop ’til you help! By the way, it’s been interesting lately to see Amazon remind me to “start at AmazonSmile” if I check a link on the original Amazon site. I do buy from AmazonSmile, but I have a lot of stored links I use to check for things.