Today’s KDD: “80% off select Biographies & Memoirs”
Books are the purest form of telempathy we know, and biographies and memoirs are especially that. Although, in the case of a biography, you are feeling what the author feels about the subject, so that’s a step removed. As to memoirs…one could argue that every work of fiction is to some extent a memoir.😉
says it is “80% off select Biographies & Memoirs”. The 80% language is interesting…when a book is $4.99 in the sale, that suggests it is normally about $25. These books are not normally $25 in Kindle editions, although they could have been that in hardback.
Regardless, there are some good/popular titles here, and they are each under $5. Check that price before you click or tap the Buy button…it could change, and may not apply in your country.
These can make great gifts. Remember that you can buy them during the sale, and delay delivery of the e-book until the appropriate gift-giving occasion, or print out the gift and give it (even wrapped) whenever you want.
Books in the sale include:
- Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance
- A Little Thing Called Life: On Loving Elvis…by Linda Thompson
- Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (a major bestseller and later a movie, one of the best reviewed books I’ve seen with a 4.8 out of 5 star average with 27,130 customer reviews)…$3.99
- Barbarian Days: A Surfing Life by William Finnegan
- The Rainbow Comes and Goes by Anderson Cooper & Gloria Vanderbilt
- Silent Tears: A Journey of Hope in a Chinese Orphanage by Kay Bratt
- Blackout: Remembering the Things I Drank to Forget by Sarah Hepola
- 10% Happier by Dan Harris
- Rosemary: The Hidden Kennedy Daughter by Kate Clifford Larson
- Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Girl with Seven Names by Hyeonseo Lee
- Washington: A Life by Ron Chernow
- Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- First Women by Kate Anderson Brower
- Endurance: Shackleton’s Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing
- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
- Boys in the Trees by Carly Simon
- Napoleon: A Life by Andrew Roberts
- The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris
- Thomas Jefferson: The ARt of Power by Jon Meacham
- Ghost Boy by Martin Pistorius
- Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff
- Walk to Beautiful by Mr. Jimmy Wayne
- The Vegas Diaries by Holly Madison
- Hunger Makes Me a Modern Girl by Carrie Brownstein
- Gifted Hands by Dr. Ben Carson, MD
- American Wife by Tara Kyle
- My Life with Earth,Wind & Fire by Maurice White
- Delta Lady: A Memoir by Rita Coolridge
- Orr: My Story by Bobby Orr
- Fallen Founder: The Life of Aaron Burr by Nancy Isenberg
Join thousands of readers and try the free ILMK magazine at Flipboard!
All aboard our new The Measured Circle’s Geek Time Trip at The History Project! Do you have what it takes to be a Timeblazer?
* I am linking to the same thing at the regular Amazon site, and at AmazonSmile. When you shop at AmazonSmile, half a percent of your purchase price on eligible items goes to a non-profit you choose. It will feel just like shopping at Amazon: you’ll be using your same account. The one thing for you that is different is that you pick a non-profit the first time you go (which you can change whenever you want)…and the good feeling you’ll get. Shop ’til you help! By the way, it’s been interesting lately to see Amazon remind me to “start at AmazonSmile” if I check a link on the original Amazon site. I do buy from AmazonSmile, but I have a lot of stored links I use to check for things.